Meet the team
Our Mission is to make travel discovery fun, inspirational and personalized. We are building Traverie to help you
find new places and experiences through friends and to make travel planning seamless! If you were curious, Traverie is a play on travel + reverie or Dreaming of Travel.
Gaurav Agarwal | Co-founder | CEO
Gaurav's favorites include Patagonia, Sharm-El-Sheikh & Kauai.
- Managed and built products at Microsoft and Teradata for 9 years
- Enabled people to find stuff on TV (AT&T U-verse) and the web (Bing, Hotmail)
- Created innovative performance, social and brand advertising experiences (5 patents pending)
- Berkeley MBA '13, USC MS '04 and University of Mumbai BE '02
Jimming Cheng | Co-founder | CTO
Jimming loves freediving in Belize and speeding on the Autobahn
- 7 years building search and Search Ad Relevance serving systems from the ground up at Microsoft and Yahoo
- Herded swarms of tiny robots at Harvard's Self-organizing Systems Research Group
- Helped local mom-and-pop stores, artists, hairdressers and astrologers get on the web in Cambridge, MA
- Graduated with a BA and MS in Computer Science from Harvard
Tiffany | Co-founder | CXO
Tiff's favorite travels include Spain, Vietnam & Zambia.
- Taught interaction design at the Miami Ad School in San Francisco
- Worked as a user-experience designer in various fields from creating couch potatoes at TiVo to encourage consumer-spending at Crispin Porter & Bogusky.
- Graduated from MIT '06 and Carnegie Mellon '08.